Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Snow Globe

Today at my far away job, I took a break away from my desk and stood looking out the doorway to the outside world.  Snow flakes, great big ones, were falling in the most undisturbed manner, gently and softly.  The whole of what I could see from the door seemed like a snow globe scene, the kind of globe that if you shook it you had only a few moments to watch the white flakes fall and settle on the scene inside.  I have always been fascinated by snow globes, the movement of the snow, and the silence.  Maybe that is what I love the most about painting, its quietness, how the paint and water settles down into the paper to make magic and how my spirit can quiet itself in the process.  What scene did you view today that gave you a feeling of peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment